Connecting through Kōrero
The Connecting Through Koorero guidebook and videos are for parents, caregivers, teachers, counsellors, aunties, uncles, friends and other whanau members - anyone who cares about taiohi and needs tautoko/support and guidance to korero with them about suicide.
Watch the videos here: mentalhealth.org.nz/suicide-prevention/connecting-through-korero
- Not sure how to safely talk about suicide?
- What to do when a loved one sees suicide online
- How you might talk when a celebrity dies by suicide
- What to do when youth joke about suicide
- How to step in when a young person's supporting a mate
You will also find more information and support on the page.
A special thanks to:
- the AK Franks Charitable Trust for funding copies for Northland;
- the Margaret & Huia Clarke Charitable Trust for funding copies for Rotorua;
- the WEL Energy Trust for funding copies for Hamilton, Waikato and Waipa districts;
- and the West Coast Community Trust for funding copies for the West Coast.
Download and print the PDF files below. For a low-ink version, download the print-friendly pdf. Select booklet printing.